Saturday, April 26, 2008

april 25th, 2008.


i wake up groggy, and swallow all my meds with one fierce swoop of water.

i let the dog out, walk around out in the dark for a beat, enjoying the cool breeze that's very rare these days. the dog drops magnums and wants to go inside immediately. i conquer, and follow suit.

feed the ol' girl, brush my teeth, trim my sideburns, swab on some deodorant, put on my clothes for the day, and with an hour to spare, i get onto some halo 3 ranked matches.

finish up with fifteen minutes to get to work, and go in.

work goes by, and i piss off two co-workers, but to my benefit, i have no morals whatsoever, and let it in one ear and out the other.

i get home, let the pooch out, and check my machine to find my credit union fraud prevention services wanting to know about some charges made on my debit card. i call and find out someone got my info and wiped me out dry.

broke, sad, upset, and hyper, i freak out, and then calm down after talking to the credit union peeps who inform me it'll be okay, but it's gonna take a few weeks to get my money back. with mortgage and bills due next week, and no debit card [i had it canceled,] i begin to try and reason with how i'm gonna make it through all of this.

against what i tell myself, i let my mom know what's going on. my dad, who i've always feared, loved, and respected, makes it clear he's gonna help me out, despite my protests. i tell him when i get this straightened out, the money is coming back to him. he says he knows it is, and that this kind of thing happens, and that's what parents do for their kids. i have to remember this for when it comes time to put him in a home. it'll be a nice one. *i needed some humor to break the tension of how my nerves are...*

dante and i play, "gears of war," co-op for the second time around, so i can get the dom achievements. he's a real bro that way.

joe from work comes over and gets the work out machine the roommates left behind.

when i'm helping his friend load it in his truck, he goes into my house, and leaves forty five bucks on my keyboard.

after joe leaves, i find the money, and get a little tearful. this is a guy who i couldn't stand when he started, who now found out last week he will be let go because of budget cuts, and is worse off financially than me with a wife and kid, and finds that he feels the need to help me out anyway... we as a society take small acts of kindness for granted. he is a king among men.

dante and play some more and then he has to go for a clan match, so i catch up on my thursday night show line-up from the night before:

my name is earl, assy mcgee, scrubs, smallville, lost, and the office.

they all own except for, "my name is earl," which is starting to bore me.

i play some halo 3 before deciding to retire to my room for some season five x-files episodes where i fall asleep midway through, "the great mutato," episode, thus resulting in a dream that has a soundtrack of nothing but cher.

No comments:

other forms of fun.


why not buy one of the many items i need, and give it to me for being awesome?...

My Amazon.com Wish List

i'm live too... what's your gaming skills like?