Thursday, January 17, 2008

"i overheard that you were unhappy too, misleading trust into a relationship that makes no sense, over and out connecticut..."


this will be the last post i write until i'm settled in up north in wisconsin. i'm cutting the cable modem to help save seventy bucks a month that could be better used to put into savings...

since i'm trying to ween myself off of the internet and games like a junkie kicking smack, i've ventured into a field i had long since missed from my childhood. something i loved immensely, and looked forward to doing at any time of the day... reading.

since december 21st of '07, up until now, i have read through four books, and i couldn't have been prouder of myself.

the past four days i've come home from work, i go to letting my dog out, checking the mail, showering, fixing and eating a bologna sandwich with a handful of frito corn chips, and flopping onto my springy mattress to read joe pantoliano's, "who's sorry now?"

i finished it moments ago, and did two things throughout the book. laughed out loud, something i very rarely do when reading, and cried. the book is funny and sad, and even though i didn't grow up as an italian-american in hoboken, i still found similarities to my muddy irish-german, mixed heritage upbringing in the upper peninsula.

reading has also become my escape from my normal life which wasn't normal in it's own right.

work has been very rough this past week, with certain people leaning on me, and certain people just getting on my nerves. i have been zero social with anyone in the household, and it's not that i'm trying to be a prick, i think, i just feel the urge to be by myself, and get lost through words in a book, until it's time for me to go home to my mom and dad.

this will be the last you hear from me until i'm back at home, freezing my beanbag off.

No comments:

other forms of fun.


why not buy one of the many items i need, and give it to me for being awesome?...

My Amazon.com Wish List

i'm live too... what's your gaming skills like?