Sunday, September 16, 2007

"how important i could have been, to you..."


my dad turned the big fifty this past thursday. that same day, my roommate and bud, bob, turned thirty. how odd.

i miss my dad. funny old guy. he said he wants me to track down an old nintendo for him with mario and duck hunt... we definitely share genetics.

i found my halloween costume while i was in the cape yesterday.

i was waiting for tom to open up the comic store, so i went across the street to the factory outlet place, and at first, i wanted the fay raye costume with the inflatable kong hand gripping the waist... i thought that'd be funny... then i found out it was a sixty dollar get-up... so, i found something better... it involves a nod to an old harold ramis movie i hold dear to my heart... you'll find out close to the day.

while picking up my comics, i conversed with tom as more people came into the store.

normally, i get my books and bolt. i always feel i'll make fun of too many people if i don't, but something stopped me yesterday.

this elderly lady dropped off her three grandchildren to hang out for the remainder of the afternoon to play magic or whatever they were gonna play. she thanked tom for allowing them to have a social outlet that didn't involve the crap that so many kids get caught up into, in today's time.

i smiled and felt grateful for tom and the comic store. i only wish i had a place like that to go to when i was younger.

as i was getting ready to leave, tom said all the kids in general, that he found an unopened UFS deck, and everyone when apeshit... i made a comment how i didn't get it, and he explained the roleplaying game basis to me, and i then remembered that my penny arcade card game was a universal game based in that game system, and could cross over with any of their existing games...

...however, i never learned how to play, and when i mentioned that, all the kids told me to bring my decks in next week, and within five minutes i would be modestly on my way to dominating nerds that where less worthy than me.

so... next saturday when i go to get my comics, i will sit down with a cherry rain gatorade, and learn how to play this...



finally, the forty bucks i spent on the deck will pay off.

"the brother solomon," was just as unfunny as i expected it to be. i made it through forty minutes before i stopped it.

i had digiorno pizza for the first time last night. it was good. not as good as tombstone, but good.

i got a bag of halloween frosted animal cookies, a copy of the new collector's edition of, "the return of the living dead," and two new bottles of nasal spray... and that, is why i'm an uber loser.

oh shit, also, i got a sweet, "justice league of america," shirt in my size at WALMART OF ALL PLACES! for only eight bucks. i shit a brick when i saw it, and nabbed it. the fucking JLA rules.

this comes out...

october 2... it also features david cross, morgan murphy, eugene mirman, and a slew of my other favorite comedians... facken suhweet!

been a good past few days so far...

No comments:

other forms of fun.


why not buy one of the many items i need, and give it to me for being awesome?...

My Amazon.com Wish List

i'm live too... what's your gaming skills like?