Friday, September 28, 2007

"i'm you... just a little more bizarre..."


the season premiere of, "the office," left me a little jaded.

i knew they weren't going to focus mainly on the jim and pam arc overall, even though they left the last season on a cliffhanger based on their, "date." but still, for as little of it as i saw last night, i felt let down.

and it suprised me even more when the colorfulness of dwight was somehow left dismissed. it was like a dwight schrute on quaalude's. he rarely had any lines, and when he did, it was in reference to the demise of his relationship with angela, and in no way funny.

kevin made me laugh here and there, but overall, the season premiere was a pretty big let down for me on a story level, as well as tipping the scale humor level.

i also get the feeling that with how big steve carrell is becoming as a star, and how the relationship of ryan howard taking over jan's old job, that it's entirely possible that steve's character will get axed, and the show won't be renewed for another season, which, honestly, wouldn't suprise me. the british version lasted two seasons. we're lucky we got to the fourth.

another season premier that kinda let me down was, "smallville."

i love the introduction of, "bizarro," but... to me, the biggest weakness in, "smallville," is the length of time, and improper pacing of story.

they always try to fit way too much into a forty minute set, and it tends to leave you going, "what the fuck? that makes no sense..."

i knew lana wasn't going to die, because, like my assumption, she staged her own death, and chloe, would be too risky of losing an audience to kill her off.

is the well tapped of good ideas? first, the ending of, "the sopranos," and now this...? cheesus...

No comments:

other forms of fun.


why not buy one of the many items i need, and give it to me for being awesome?...

My Amazon.com Wish List

i'm live too... what's your gaming skills like?